Depo Provera is a hormone form of birth control. Depo Provera is long-acting; it is administered by injection into the muscle every 3 months.
Facts About Depo Provera
Next Page: Vaginal Ring
- Contains no estrogen
- A shot given by a medical provider in arm or butt
- Taken once every 3 months (4 shots/year)
- Prevents pregnancy like the pill.
- Side Effects
- Irregular Bleeding
- Weight Gain
- Abdominal Pain
- Prevents Calcium Absorption
- $50 to $75 per Injection
- $20 to $40 for Clinician Office Visit, if applicable