Community Resources

About Community Resources

Below are community resources for various mental health concerns. This list is not exhaustive. If you would like further resource information, we would be happy to help connect you with other community agencies and services.

Please note that the links below will take you off of the UNCG website. The content on this site is meant to be informational, please consult a counselor prior to making any decisions regarding your mental health.

The links below are not affiliated with UNCG, but serve as a examples of resources for our students, staff and faculty.

Need More Referrals?

If you would like further resource information, The Counseling Center would be happy to help connect you with other community agencies and services.

Referral database from Mental Health Association of Greensboro

Referral Hotline

  • Referral assistance for the state of North Carolina
    • 888-892-1162

Mental Health/Behavioral Health Resources

  • Mental Health Association
    • This website includes listings of local providers.
    • Greensboro:
      • Phone: 336-373-1402
  • Guilford Center – ACCESS 24
    • 24 hour/7 day a week access to Mental Health/Behavioral Health Care Information and Referral to resource line
    • Phone: 1-800-853-5163
    • TTY: 1-866-518-6778
  • Moses Cone Behavioral Health
    • 24 hour/7 day a week access to trained mental health professionals
    • Helpline: 832-9700 or 1-800-711-2635
  • Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    • Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)


Alcohol & Drug Resources

College Gambling

Billions of dollars are bet on March Madness every year and college students are part of the action. While most student gambling is harmless, about 6 percent of college students develop a gambling problem and suffer from the negative consequences of excessive gambling.



Sexual Violence and Sexual Health Resources

  • UNCG Sexual Violence Campus Advocate

    • The Sexual Violence Campus Advocacy Program is comprised of a trained professional UNCG advocate and his/her supervisors.  This individual advocates for students who have been sexually assaulted.  The SVCA advocate can provide support and referral information through the UNCG conduct system (if a hearing is sought), class rescheduling/coordination with professors and academic advising, assistance with alternative on-campus living arrangements, referral to counseling support, and emotional support for the survivor and his or her supports during this difficult time.

      How do I contact SVCA?

      SVCA may be contacted at 336-202-4867.

      *Please note that this is NOT a crisis line and confidentiality can not be guaranteed.  For confidential, crisis assistance please contact our community partner, Family Service of the Piedmont on their 24 hour hotline: 336.273.7273.

      • UNCG Police – 334-4444
      • UNCG Housing and Residence Life – 334-5636
      • Student Health Services – 334-5340
      • The Counseling Center – 334-5874
      • Dean of Students Office – 334-5514
  • Guilford County Department of Public Health
    • Provide services on a sliding scale fee for those without insurance.
    • Address:
      1100 E. Wendover Ave.
    • Phone: 336-641-3245
  • Planned Parenthood
    • Offers unbiased counseling to educate women on all options regarding sexual health. Offers referrals.
    • Address:
      1704 Battleground Ave
    • Phone: 336-373-0678
  • Greensboro Pregnancy Care Center
    • This office can provide community referrals, maternity and baby clothing and baby furniture to clients.
    • This is an exclusively “pro-life” organization.
    • Address:
      917 N. Elm St, Greensboro
    • Phone: 336-274-4881

Financial & Career Resources

Legal Resources

  • Legal Aid of North Carolina, Greensboro Office
    • Address:
      122 North Elm Street, Suite 700
      Greensboro, NC 27401
    • Phone: 272-0148
    • Fax: 333-9825
    • To Request Legal Help: Call 1-866-219-5262

Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Resources

  • Family Services of the Piedmont
    • Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence and Referrals
    • Phone:
      • Greensboro: (336) 273-7273
      • High Point: (336) 889-7273

Housing Resources

Veterans Resources

Community Resources Specifically for Women