Edible Wisdom is a nutrition workshop series designed to fuse the professional recommendations of a Registered Dietitian and the practical advice of fellow peers to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to promote healthful eating habits, weight management, and real sustainable energy. It is a 3-part series located in the Student Health Center (Gove 005). Please click on the registration link to reserve your space.
Part 1: Learn what healthful eating really means. Identify motivators to help you make positive, long-term changes.
Part 2: Identify obstacles to healthy eating and learn strategies to overcome them.
Part 3: Receive a personalized nutrition guide. Identify healthful meals and snacks.
Spring Semester 2015
Series #1: Mondays 1:00 – 2:00pm (Jan 26, Feb 2, Feb 9) REGISTER
Series #2: Tuesdays 1:00 – 2:00pm (Feb 17, Feb 24, Mar 3) REGISTER
Series #3: Mondays 2:00 – 3:00pm (Mar 16, Mar 23, Mar 30) REGISTER
Series #4: Tuesdays 2:00 – 3:00pm (Apr 7, Apr 14, Apr 21) REGISTER
Summer Sessions 2015
Edible Wisdom is not available during the summer months. Fall dates will be posted in late Spring.
- Edible Wisdom nutrition workshops are FREE to all UNCG students, faculty, and staff.
- Commuter students — be sure to log your participation for OnTheGo & Fit.
- Faculty and Staff — participation allows you to earn Spartan Points
- Edible Wisdom can be a nice complement to your Healthy UNCG and TOPS plan.
- Weight Watchers at Work is available to students, faculty, and staff. This program is an ongoing weekly series of informative and motivational group meetings. Sessions range from 45-60 minutes (weigh-in starting at noon). For more information, please contact Elizabeth L’Eplattenier at 334-4297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.