Edible Wisdom is a nutrition workshop series designed to fuse the professional recommendations of a Registered Dietitian and the practical advice of fellow peers to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to promote healthful eating habits, weight management, and real sustainable energy. It is a 3-part series located in the Student Health Center (Gove 005). Please click on the REGISTER link to reserve your space.
Part 1: Learn what healthful eating really means. Identify motivators to help you make positive, long-term changes.
Part 2: Identify obstacles to healthy eating and learn strategies to overcome them.
Part 3: Receive a personalized nutrition guide. Identify healthful meals and snacks.
Fall Semester 2014
SERIES #1 Mondays 1:00 – 2:00pm (9/8, 9/15, 9/22)
SERIES #2 Tuesdays 11:00 – 12:00pm (9/30, 10/7, 10/14) REGISTER
SERIES #3 Mondays 2:00 – 3:00pm (10/20, 10/27, 11/3) REGISTER
SERIES #4 Tuesdays 2:00 – 3:00pm (11/11, 11/18, 11/25) REGISTER
- Edible Wisdom nutrition workshops are FREE to all UNCG students, faculty, and staff.
- Commuter students — be sure to log your participation for OnTheGo & Fit.
- Faculty and Staff — participation allows you to earn Spartan Points
- Edible Wisdom can be a nice complement to your Healthy UNCG and TOPS plan.
- Weight Watchers at Work is available to students, faculty, and staff. The open house is scheduled for Monday, September 8th at 12 noon in Bryan 113. This program is an ongoing weekly series of informative and motivational group meetings. Sessions range from 45-60 minutes (weigh-in starting at noon). For more information, please contact Elizabeth L’Eplattenier at 334-4297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.