Edible Wisdom is a nutrition workshop series designed to fuse the professional recommendations of a Registered Dietitian and the practical advice of fellow peers to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to promote healthful eating habits, weight management, and real sustainable energy. It is now a 3-part series located in the Student Health Center (Gove 005). Please click on the REGISTER link to reserve your space.
Part 1: Learn what healthful eating really means. Identify motivators to help you make positive, long-term changes.
Part 2: Identify obstacles to healthy eating and learn strategies to overcome them.
Part 3: Receive a personalized nutrition guide. Identify healthful meals and snacks.
Spring Semester 2014
SERIES #1 Mondays 1:00 – 2:00pm (1/27, 2/3, 2/10) Closed
SERIES #2 Tuesdays 11:00 – 12:00pm (2/18, 2/25, 3/4) Closed
SERIES #3 Mondays 2:00 – 3:00pm (3/17, 3/24, 3/31) Closed
SERIES #4 Tuesdays 2:00 – 3:00pm (4/8, 4/15, 4/22) REGISTER
Summer Sessions 2014
The Edible Wisdom workshop series is not available during the summer months. However, feel free to visit the Edible Wisdom FAQ page.
- Edible Wisdom nutrition workshops are FREE to all UNCG students, faculty, and staff.
- Commuter students — be sure to log your participation for OnTheGo & Fit.
- Faculty and Staff — participation allows you to earn Spartan Points
- Edible Wisdom can be a nice complement to your Healthy UNCG and TOPS plan.
- Weight Watchers at Work will host it’s bi-annual Open House on Monday, January 13 from 12:15 – 1:00pm in Bryan 113. For more information, contact Elizabeth L’Eplattenier at 334-4297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.