Due to limited staffing and the overwhelming demand for nutrition counseling, session eligibility has changed. Individual nutrition appointments are now reserved for students with medical need* such as:
- Eating Disorders
- Food Allergies (Celiac, etc.)
- Diabetes (new diagnosis)
- High Cholesterol (new diagnosis)
- Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Gastrointestinal Disease (Crohn’s, etc.)
* NOTE: Although obesity can produce, or exacerbate, medical complications, it is not an acute disease and has no short-term solution. The knowledge and skills necessary to promote sustainable weight loss are addressed in the Edible Wisdom Discussion Series. Students attempting to manage their weight, adopt healthy eating habits, maintain energy, etc. are encouraged to attend the workshop sessions.
Students who are enrolled for 9 or more credit hours, have paid their student health fee, and require medical nutrition therapy are eligible to receive up to 8 sessions per semester. The actual number of individual appointments may be less and is based on student need, staffing, and Center time limitations.
Additional Appointment Information
- Initial sessions are typically 45-50 minutes; Follow-ups 25-30 minutes.
- Students who arrive 10 or more minutes late may be asked to reschedule.
- Please use the self check-in station on the Main Floor before proceeding to the Wellness Center on the Ground Level (G).