Each year the University of North Carolina at Greensboro implements the online alcohol abuse prevention and sexual violence prevention programs known as AlcoholEdu and Haven. These programs are both confidential and personalized based on your own individual answers. Because UNCG cares about students’ health, safety, and academic success, the University REQUIRES every first year, non-transfer, non-international students under the age of 21 who is entering the Fall 2015 semester to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven. Transfer and International Students DO NOT have to complete this course even if they are under the age of 21.
AlcoholEdu and the Haven On-Line Sexual Assault Module will be available beginning July 13, 2015. Both Part I of AlcoholEdu and the complete Haven Sexual Assault Module must be completed by August 20, 2015. Notification, including log-in and registration instructions, will be sent to student’s permanent home address that is registered with the university around July 1, 2015. An email reminder will also be sent to the student’s UNCG email address in early August.
First Year Students Entering UNCG in Fall 2015 Timeline
- July 1, 2015 – Notification, including log-in and registration instructions will be sent to student’s permanent home address.
- July 13, 2015 – AlcoholEdu Part I and Haven modules are activated and available for completion.
- First week of August – An email reminder will also be sent to the students UNCG email address.
- August 10, 2015 – Both Part I of AlcoholEdu and the complete Haven Sexual Assault Module must be completed by the first day of class.
- October 12, 2015 – Part II of AlcoholEdu and Haven must be completed to avoid additional student hold.
You must receive a 75% or higher on the AlcoholEdu final exam to pass the course. Please note if you do not complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu and Haven by August 10, 2015 a registration hold will be placed on your account.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY:
You are expected to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven. You will need one EverFi Higher Education Account to access the course(s) from your dashboard.
To fulfill UNCG requirement:
- Go to: http://www.everfi.com/register
- Enter the Registration Code: XXXXXXXXXX and click “I’m a Student” to create your EverFi Account
- Note: When prompted, please enter your 9 digit UNCG student ID # to receive credit for completion. If you do not know your student ID # please visit https://its.uncg.edu/accounts/university_ID/ or contact 6-TECH at 336-256-TECH (8324)
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu and Haven by August 10, 2015.
- After 30-45 days you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of your courses which must be completed by October 12, 2015.
*If you already have an EverFi Higher Ed Account, go to http://www.everfi.com/login, enter your login information, then enter registration code XXXXXXXXXX by clicking “Add a Course” in the top right corner of the Dashboard.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
For questions please email Alcohol@uncg.edu. For all other AlcoholEdu technical issues, click on the Technical Help button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College Or Haven screen (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).