• FluShot

  • SHSBanner

Immunization Clinic

Click here to read more about North Carolina Law


The Student Health Services is offering the Quantiferon TB Gold (Blood Test) to determine the presence of Tuberculosis. This test has been recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as being a more accurate test for tuberculosis Screening. IPPD skin test will no longer be used for routine tuberculosis screening at the Student Health Services.

Got Questions about TB? Click here.

Location, Hours, and Contact Information

The UNCG Immunizations office is located on the second floor of the Anna M. Gove Student Health Center.

Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am until 5 pm
Phone: 336.334.5340
Fax: 336.334.5357

Click Here to access all Immunization Forms.

Immunization Guidelines

Acceptable records of your immunizations may be obtained from any of the following:

  • Personal Shot Records
    • Must be verified by a doctor’s stamp or signature or by a clinic or health department stamp.
  • Local Health Department
  • Military Records or WHO (World Health Organization Documents)
  • Previous College or University
    • Your immunization records do not transfer automatically. You must request a copy.

NOTE: Be certain that your name and ID Number appear on each sheet and that all forms are mailed together. The records must be in ink and the dates of vaccine must include the month, day, and year. Keep a copy for your records.

Immunization Requirements For All Ages



  • 3 DTP (Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis) or TD (Tetanus-Diphtheria) doses.
  • 1 Td/Tdap (Tetanus-Diphtheria and/or Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) dose must be within the last 10 years.
  • 3 POLIO doses.
  • 2* MEASLES (Rubeola) one dose on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months and a second dose before enrolling in school for the first time. (2MMR doses meet this requirement.)
  • 1** RUBELLA (German measles) dose. (after first birthday).
  • 2** MUMPS doses (both after first birthday)

International Students

Vaccines are required according to age (refer to appropriate box). International students are required to have a Tuberculin (TB) test that was administered and evaluated in the United States or Canada within one year of the start of their first semester. A chest x-ray is required if the test is positive. The TB test and chest x-ray are both available at the UNCG Student Health Center.

Got Questions about TB? Click here.

Immunization Recommendations

The following immunizations are recommended for all students and may be required by certain colleges or departments (for example, health sciences). Please consult your college or department materials for specific requirements.

  • Hepatitis B series
  • Varicella (chicken pox) series of two doses or immunity by positive blood titer
  • Meningococcal
  • Tuberculin (PPD) Test or TB blood test (within 12 months). Chest x-ray if positive PPD and treatment if applicable.

Optional Immunizations

  • Haemophilus influenzae type b
  • Pneumococcal
  • Hepatitis A series
  • Typhoid (specify type)

TB Recommendations for Travel Outside of the U.S.

It is the recommendation of The University of North Carolina Greensboro Student Health Services that students, staff, and faculty returning from countries that are designated by the Center for Disease Control to have high prevalence of Tuberculosis be tested for TB after returning. For a list of countries with high rates of TB, download “TB Endemic Countries”, available in the Download Section below.

For more information about Tuberculosis and Tuberculosis testing, please go to http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/tb/faqs/qa.htm.


Please note: some items require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe web site.

Please note: some items require a free Microsoft Office Viewer. Please select the appropriate viewer and download it from the Microsoft web site. Each Office file type link is labelled as such.


You can email the immunizations department with questions at immunize@uncg.edu